We recently held our 4th Annual Box Global Impact Day, a company-wide day of service where over 1,000 Boxers participated in giving back to their local and global communities.
In line with this year's theme, Growing Our Impact, Boxers amassed an incredible 110,355 collective volunteer hours, donated $70k to our nonprofit partners, and granted $100k to four outstanding nonprofit recipients through the brand new Box Impact Fund.
But beyond our numbers, this day was also about forging community, connection, and belonging — making it one of the most anticipated and special days of the year for many Boxers. Read on for some of the key highlights and celebrations from this year's event!
Regional volunteer efforts
Around the globe, Boxers showed up both virtually and in-person to volunteer their time with local nonprofits working in a broad range of focus areas:
- In Japan, Boxers updated over 34 wheelchair accessibility maps for local shelters, in addition to donating 89 bins of holiday ornaments and food through Hands on Tokyo.
- Over in our brand new Box site in Poland, Boxers came together for their very first Impact Day by purchasing and packing dozens of holiday gifts for local families in need through the organization Szlachetna Paczka.
- In the UK, Boxers collected over 45 bins of waste at Tower Hamlets Park, as well as a planted new bulbs for the Spring.
- In France, Boxers cleaned and sorted over 30 bins of used toys to prepare them for donation to children in need, in partnership with the nonprofit Les Restos du Coeur.
- In Australia, Boxers volunteered with the Australian Red Cross to create over 60 Trauma Teddies for children impacted by a traumatic circumstance such as a medical or environmental emergency.
- In the United States, Boxers volunteered with three organizations: 1) Through Project Helping, Boxers created and assembled over 370 Kynd Kits for foster youth; 2) through Love for Our Elders, Boxers wrote over 800 personalized letters of encouragement to elderly folks experiencing loneliness; and 3) through CareerVillage, over 180 Boxers participated in a virtual Advice-a-Thon, giving out career, resume, and interview tips to over 4,500 students around the world.
Nonprofit hack projects
In addition to helping the nonprofits above, 30+ Boxers participated in two nonprofit hack projects alongside our partners — Cambodian Children's Fund and Team for Tech.The nonprofits presented two unique problem statements based on their organizations' current challenges, to which Boxers worked in cross-functional teams to build tech solutions to help aid both nonprofits in achieving their missions.
In the end, two winning teams of Boxers were recognized for their innovative hacks in digital transformation, both of which were evaluated by our nonprofit partners for impact, scalability, and ease of implementation in the near future.
Box Impact Fund
Making this Global Impact Day even more special was the announcement of our inaugural cohort of Box Impact Fund grantees. Shared at BoxWorks in October, the Box Impact Fund provides $100k in grants for digital transformation in two critical areas: child welfare and crisis response.
As such, we were thrilled to announce our four 2021 Box Impact Fund grantees: 1) African Community Center for Social Sustainability (ACCESS), 2)Children's Home Society of Minnesota, 3)U.S. Digital Response (USDR), and 4)Water Mission.
We are excited to fund digital transformation with these nonprofits and look forward to sharing the impact of these projects over the next year.
We are incredibly proud and humbled by all the ways in which Boxers have chosen to give back this Global Impact Day. While this is our most coordinated day of giving across all of our Box locations, Boxers continue to take action in their communities year round, living out our core value — #MakeMomProud!
We'd also like to extend a special thank you to Corrie Conrad (VP, Communities & Impact), Simone Shorter (Sr. Manager, Communities & Impact), and all of the Boxers who helped make this day possible:
Aaron Spriggs, Ali Baird, Cheryl Wheeler, Linda Bun, Philippe Routhier, Rob Clifford, Zoe Pennington, Sam Crisp, Nobuto Taniguchi, Rachael Bailey, Katarzyna Kulik, Rony Phaeton, Mounica Boggarapa, Jasmine Le, Cecilee Perez, Adam Greene, Jason Kershner, Kristi Shiau, Madison Pope, Lauren Coberly, Megan Lee, and Molly Landsteiner
We are so excited to see how Boxers continue to make an impact in 2022!