We’re thrilled to share that Gartner has named Box a leader in its Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing Magic Quadrant report for the third straight year. Gartner evaluated 13 software vendors on 15 criteria for the quadrant.
Please view the full report here.
A Leader in Modernizing the Workplace
This year Gartner has recognized that there's a two distinct paths in the EFSS market for organizations: some enterprises see EFSS as a way to enable new work styles and enable digital business transformations and others see it as a way to extend the existing data center infrastructure investments to enable mobile access. Gartner recognizes Box as one of the market leading vendors in the report. Our vision to be the cloud data backbone for business applications, supporting modern document workflow automation and business process enablement appeals to IT decision makers that are looking to enable business in the modern era. Box is redefining information governance in the cloud.
In 2016, we have continued to execute on achieving this vision:
- Launched a seamless native integration for Microsoft Office 365 and Box to secure and better govern the information across the content lifecycle
- Introduced Box Shuttle, making it easier, faster and more cost-effective than ever to move content from legacy systems to Box.
- Announced Box Zones, to enable businesses around the globe to adopt Box, while providing the choice to store data in Europe or Asia.
- Announced that Box achieved FedRAMP certification for all government agencies, sponsored by the Department of Defense as part of Box's new Box for Government initiative.
- Announced general availability of Box KeySafe with AWS Key Management Service, which enables all businesses to take advantage of managing their own encryption keys.
- Deepened the IBM partnership by extending it to Box Platform with the announcement of IBM's new MobileFirst for iOS application, Expert Seller, built on Box Platform.
- Expanded an alliance with Adobe to make it easier for businesses to work with digital documents in the cloud by allowing them to access and edit PDFs and execute workflows with Adobe Document Cloud and Adobe Sign directly in Box on both desktop and mobile.
Battle-tested and a Proven Leader
2016 has been an exciting year so far. We've added 17,000 new customers in the past 15 months to reach 62,000 paying organizations. Our enterprise customers continue to expand their footprint of Box across EFSS to ECM at GE, Unicef UK, The Whirlpool Corporation, Los Angeles International Airport, and The Coca-Cola Company.
Gartner conducts a thorough customer reference checks as a part of the MQ research process. As of today, Box has over 25 customer reviews with a score of 4.7 out of 5 for a high customer satisfaction across functional roles and better than that of our competitors as evidenced by Gartner Peer Insights, crowd-sourced peer reviews site.
Leader Across EFSS and Modern Content Management
We're thrilled to see validation from across the analyst community for Box's innovative vision and execution for the EFSS market. The analyst recognition extends across EFSS, Cloud File Sharing, Mobile Content Management and ECM. In the past year, Box has been named the Leader in the "The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise File Sync and Share Platforms, Cloud Solutions, Q1 2016", "The Forrester Wave™: ECM Business Content Services, Q3 2015", Aragon Research's Globe for Mobile Content Management, and IDC Research's "Worldwide File Synchronization and Sharing Market Shares 2014: Another Year of High Growth."
Again, you can download your own complimentary copy of this report here.
Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing, Monica Basso, Karen A. Hobert, Jeff Mann, July 21 2016.
This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from here.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Gartner Peer Insights reviews constitute the subjective opinions of individual end-users based on their own experiences, and do not represent the views of Gartner or its affiliates.