Content exists at the core of all businesses processes. With over 1,500 integrations, Box's ecosystem of diverse apps help teams work smarter by delivering a single content layer across all their apps. We're proud of our partnership with Slack, as we've embraced a common goal of empowering users to get their work done how, where, and when they want to. At BoxWorks, we announced an upcoming enhancement to the Box for Slack integration that will transform how you collaborate on content. Today, we’ll dive further into the details.
Share files over Slack, upload them automatically to Box
With our upcoming update to the Box for Slack integration, it will be easier, faster, and safer than ever to have Box function as the one content layer beneath your Slack conversations. Users are able to upload a file into the Slack interface -- and as they share that file with their teammates, that file is automatically uploaded to Box, where Box's enterprise-grade security and compliance are immediately applied.
This enhancement streamlines your content processes, eliminates content sprawl and duplication, and improves the overall collaboration experience for Slack and Box's mutual customers.
Boost user collaboration while maintaining admin controls
Announced in early 2020, the current Box for Slack integration features a variety of capabilities that make communicating with your teammates easy and efficient.
- Rich previews: View file information such as name, author, thumbnail and more when a Box file is shared to Slack
- Instant permissions: Update the collaboration permissions of a Box file directly from within Slack
- Box slash commands: Quickly perform common actions such as searching for files and viewing recent files within Slack
- Box activity stream: Understand how your Box files are being shared in Slack through Box's file activity stream
And for admins in particular, there are even more ways to use the integration to protect and enable your teams and their work.
- Permissions for rich previews: Have the option to display previews for shared content based on Box file permissions
- Slack indexing: Choose whether the contents of shared Box files are indexed and surfaced in Slack's native search
- Slack allowlisting: Set specific Slack workspaces or Enterprise Grid orgs that can be connected with an enterprise Box account
To learn more about the beta of this feature, reach out to your Box and Slack account teams. And to get started today with the existing Box for Slack integration, download the app from the Slack App Directory here.