At Box, we know collaboration on critical content makes business go round. That’s why we’re always looking for new ways to enhance seamless experiences in the Content Cloud. With over 1,600 partner integrations, and native productivity tools like Box Sign, Box Canvas, and Box Notes 2.0), you’ve got what you need to work smarter on a single, secure content platform.
With Microsoft Teams now reaching hundreds of millions of users, it’s clear that seamless interoperability between Box and Microsoft is key for the tens of thousands of our current and growing joint customers. Box unifies content across the Microsoft and non-Microsoft parts of your organization’s stack, while cutting cost and complexity so teams do their best work, securely. No matter where and how work happens at your organization, all your content gets managed in one place.
The Box for Microsoft Teams integration, available in Microsoft AppSource, supports this by embedding the core Box experience directly within Microsoft Teams — so users can access, preview, create, and share Box files with their teammates. Our latest updates build on this and give users the ability to:
- Streamline collaboration even more: Simple reminders inform the user sharing a file in their Team’s channel that they need to grant quick editing access to some of the recipients, ensuring easy and instant access.
- Easily edit Microsoft Office files on Box without leaving Teams: Users have long had the ability to access and edit their Box files from within Teams with a couple clicks. Now, they can access, preview, and edit shared Office files without leaving the Teams interface — with all changes automatically saved to Box.
Other exciting enhancements to the Box for Microsoft integrations, in case you missed it:
Box for Microsoft Teams
- Select Box as the default content layer in Teams: Admins can choose to hide primary access points to Microsoft SharePoint and OneDrive as well as automatically install Box for Teams org-wide. This reduces friction and user confusion by streamlining where content lives, giving users a focal point for how and where to work with their content.
- Choose Box as a personal app in Teams: Users can set Box as a Teams app and get access to all their Box files in Microsoft Teams. To simplify access and collaboration on Box content, pre-pin Box within your Microsoft Teams environment.
Box for Microsoft Office
- Real-time co-authoring on Office desktop files in Box (with all edits automatically saved back to Box) is here: In May, we announced a phased rollout to customers in Microsoft’s Current Channel and Monthly Enterprise Channel for Office 365 updates, which complements our existing integration with Microsoft Office for the web. This exciting update enables users to co-author Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents in Box, whether they’re working in Office on desktop, web, or mobile. To learn more or get started, contact your Box account team.
To get started with Box for Microsoft Teams, download the integration from Microsoft AppSource, talk with your IT team, or visit the Box Support page to learn about our latest enhancements for Box for Microsoft Teams.