Introducing The New Box Developer Experience
For more than 10 years, Box has offered an open platform for customers and third-party developers to extend the power of Box, building custom apps and integrations with Box Platform. Our developer community has grown tremendously over the past year, with more than 75,000 developers making more than 6 billion API calls every month. Developers are critical to our success and we're committed to supporting our growing developer community with best-in-class products and tools.
That's why today, we're excited to unveil an all-new experience for developers building with Box Platform.
The new Box Developer Experience gives developers access to all the information, resources and tools they need when building with Box Platform. Developers now have access to:
- A brand new developer website where developers can learn about our platform features and use cases
- Updated documentation including reference docs, quick-start guides, tutorials, sample code and much more
- A developer community forum for asking questions and learning about Box Platform
- Platform office hours to get hands-on support from Box experts and meet other developers building with Box Platform
- Developer newsletters, webinars, and more to stay up-to-date with what's new
And this is just the beginning. Over the next several months, we'll introduce even more updates for developers, including a redesigned Developer Console, a new App Showcase, new SDKs, sample apps and much more.
"Integrating Vimeo with Box was a breeze. In just a few hours we were fully setup for users to upload videos to Vimeo directly from their Box account,” said Ben Stahl, Senior Engineer, Vimeo.
“AltX is an intelligence platform for anyone working in the hedge fund market; building on Box Platform makes it easy for our users to access secure regulatory documents, share insights and analysis and ultimately do their job more efficiently,” said Sam Hocking, CEO of AltX.
To get started, sign up for a developer account. We welcome your feedback for how we can make developing with Box Platform even better. Feel free to reach out to us on Twitter or post in our forum.
We can't wait to see what you build!