Collaborate seamlessly with the Box for Slack integration
Over the past two years, a lot has changed about how, when, and where we work – but content has remained at the forefront of all we do. Box’s comprehensive ecosystem of over 1,500 integrations encourages organizations to get their work done however they’d like. Expanding our partnership with Slack, a leading channel-based collaboration platform, we at Box are excited to share the latest updates to the Box for Slack integration that will streamline file content sharing and collaboration.
Share your files via Slack for automatic upload into Box
Starting today, Box and Slack Enterprise customers can use Box as the single file content layer supporting your conversations in Slack. For example, when a user uploads a file into Slack to share and collaborate with colleagues, that file is automatically uploaded to the Box Content Cloud, where Box’s enterprise-grade security and compliance are applied. This delivers a more seamless end user experience, enables admins to manage all of their company's content in one secure platform, and gives security teams peace of mind. This functionality is also available on mobile devices, so you can share your content, even when you’re on-the-go.
This enhancement streamlines your file content processes, eliminates content sprawl and duplication, and improves the overall collaboration experience for Slack and Box's mutual customers.
Boost user collaboration while maintaining admin controls
These updates build on the existing Box for Slack integration, which includes a robust end user feature set that makes communicating with your teammates easy and efficient.
- Rich previews: View file information such as name, author, thumbnail, and more when a Box file is shared to Slack
- Instant permissions: Update the collaboration permissions of a Box file from within Slack
- Box slash commands: Quickly perform common actions, such as searching for files or viewing recent files within Slack
- Box activity stream: Understand how your Box files are being shared in Slack through Box's file activity stream
Using Box and Slack also makes life easier for admins and security teams by providing even more ways to leverage the integration to protect and enable your teams and their work.
- Permissions for rich previews: Have the option to display previews for shared content based on Box file permissions
- Slack indexing: Choose whether the contents of shared Box files are indexed and surfaced in Slack's native search
- Slack allowlisting: Set specific Slack workspaces or Enterprise Grid orgs that can be connected with an enterprise Box account
To enable this new feature, reach out to your Box and Slack account teams. And to get started today with the existing Box for Slack integration, download the app from the Slack App Directory here.