We are thrilled to announce that Box has once again been named a Leader in the Gartner ® 2021 Magic Quadrant TM for Content Services Platforms.1
Over the last year, we’ve seen an unprecedented shift in customer demand that we believe is also mirrored by the findings in the latest Gartner report. As a result of the pandemic, customers have begun fundamentally rethinking how they run their entire business in the cloud. Rather than looking at traditional CSP vendors that evolved from on-premises roots and often lack true cloud scale and flexibility, organizations are now seeking modern, cloud-based solutions.
Gartner says it best: “[PaaS/SaaS deployment] has seen the greatest growth in importance over the last few years. Organizations are looking increasingly to modern, cloud-based solutions. Content services has been a traditionalist technology discipline for many organizations with on-premises or private hosted solutions being the most commonly deployed model. This is changing rapidly with a majority of Gartner inquiries now focusing on cloud deployments to modern existing implementations. This increased importance of true cloud solutions is reflected in our market analysis this year.”1
There has never been a better time to move to the Box Content Cloud. Box provides one secure platform for managing the entire lifecycle of content, from the moment a file is ingested into Box, to when it’s secured, shared, collaborated on, automated, signed, retained and more. Over the last year, we’ve delivered more product innovation to support critical business processes than any other year in Box’s history – but most importantly, kept our focus on a seamless user experience as the driver behind everything we do.
Being named a Leader again by Gartner this year is the latest in a series of prominent analyst recognitions for Box:
- Leader in Forrester Wave for Content Platforms, 2021
- Major Player in IDC MarketScape for eSignature Software, 2021
- Leader in Nucleus Research Content Service and Collaboration Value Matrix, 2021
- Gartner Customers' Choice Vendor for Content Collaboration Tools, 2020
- Leader in Aragon Research Enterprise Content Platforms Globe, 2020
- Leader in Forrester New Wave for Cloud Content Platforms, 2019
- Leader in IDC MarketScape for Cloud Content Apps, 2019
Check out the latest report for yourself – download the 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Content Services Platforms here.
- Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Content Services Platforms, Michael Woodbridge, Marko Sillanpaa, Lane Severson, Tim Nelms, October 19, 2021
- IDC, MarketScape: Worldwide eSignature Software 2021 Vendor Assessment, Holly Muscolino, Steve Charbonnier, Marci Maddox, September 2021
- Nucleus Research, Content Services and Collaboration Value Matrix, Evelyn McMullen, July 2021
- Gartner, Gartner Peer Insights ‘Voice of the Customer’: Content Collaboration Tools, October 14, 2020. 97% of customers have willingness to recommend based on 131 reviews as of 31st July 2020 in Gartner Peer Insights ‘Voice of the Customer’: Content Collaboration Tools
- Aragon Research, Enterprise Platforms Globe, Jim Lundy, 2020
- Forrester, New Wave™: SaaS Cloud Content Platforms, Cheryl McKinnon, July 18, 2019
- IDC, MarketScape: Worldwide SaaS and Cloud-Enabled Content Applications 2019 Vendor Assessment, Marci Maddox, Frank Della Rosa, Holly Muscolino, September 2019
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.