We are excited to announce that we are a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Content Services Platforms 2019, following two years of recognition in the Visionaries quadrant. In the three years that we have participated in this Magic Quadrant research, we have seen major shifts in what buyers expect and demand from their Content Services Platforms (CSP) to support their business-critical digital workplace and digital business projects.
Gartner notes that “buyers' needs require more agile, adaptive solutions, which are very different from the rigid, on-premises and monolithic solutions of the old. They are looking for the following characteristics from their CSP:
- Cloud scale: The ability to scale to meet the demands of the workforce. Provision of seamless connectivity to a broad ecosystem of suppliers, partners and customers, while delivering continuous innovation, is essential.
- Protection: The provision of deeply embedded, flexible and intelligent information governance, security and privacy controls. This is essential to operate in a world of ever-increasing threats and regulatory demands.
- Fast time to value: The ability to deliver business value quickly — for example, through the provision of prebuilt applications and citizen-developer-based tools.
- User-centricity: A consumerized user experience with embedded mobility and consistency across devices. A focus on the overall user experience is of paramount importance for driving adoption and realizing the expected benefits of this technology.
- Intelligence: Advances in artificial intelligence (AI) techniques, including machine learning (ML) and deep neural networks, have enabled innovations for classification, productivity and automation scenarios. Such capabilities should be embedded in all key areas of the platform, from security to collaboration, to align with the evolving expectations of the market.(1)”
According to Gartner, “there is increased focus on three trends that are present across organizations, regardless of industry:
- Tackling content sprawl: Organizations have a multitude of content repositories, and with the increasing prevalence of SaaS, more silos materialize on a regular basis.
- Delivering digital business transformation: CSP technology is in demand to underpin new operations and processes that utilize content as a key component in innovative ways.
- Modernizing work: Users’ expectations have changed for good, due to the ubiquity of compelling user experiences in consumer applications.”
Box’s focus on frictionless security, seamless collaboration across the extended enterprise, and robust platform capabilities to build custom apps on top of Box, has allowed us to achieve high adoption and satisfaction from our customer base. We are incredibly excited that our ability to execute and completeness of vision for cloud services platforms have been recognized by Gartner, as we feel that we are uniquely positioned to help our customers transform how they run their business in the cloud. In fact, Box is one of only three vendors in the market to receive a Jan. 2019 Customers' Choice distinction on Gartner Peer Insights (e.g., Gartner's customer review site) which is entirely buyer led reviews validated by Gartner.
Box makes it easy for organizations around the world to simplify the way that they work by removing barriers for employees to share, access and collaborate securely on their most critical content. That’s why we believe we’re consistently named a leader across the industry analyst community. Box has also been named a leader in a variety of respected analyst reports, including:
- Forrester New Wave™: SaaS Cloud Content Platforms 2019
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide SaaS and Cloud-Enabled Content Applications 2019 Vendor Assessment
- Nucleus research ECM Technology Value Matrix 2019
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Content Collaboration Platforms, 2019
If you are interested in learning more about Gartner and Box's perspective on the shifting buyer needs and expectations in the CSP market, please join the on-demand video webinar featuring Gartner's Mike Woodbridge and Box's Chief Product Officer, Jeetu Patel here.
Your own complimentary copy of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Content Services Platforms 2019 report is also available here.
1. Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Content Services Platforms, Michael Woodbridge, Marko Sillanpaa, Lane Severson, October 30, 2019
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
The GARTNER PEER INSIGHTS CUSTOMERS’ CHOICE badge is a trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc., and/or its affiliates, and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved. Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice constitute the subjective opinions of individual end-user reviews, ratings, and data applied against a documented methodology; they neither represent the views of, nor constitute an endorsement by, Gartner or its affiliates.