In a world where collaboration and efficiency are paramount, Box's partnership with Google Cloud is transforming the way work happens in the enterprise. We know that many of our customers are also Google Cloud customers, and that you can simplify procurement cycles and maximize your technology investments through Google Cloud. That’s why starting today, Box is available on Google Cloud Marketplace! Let us break down how this all works.
Simplified procurement and billing with Google Cloud Marketplace
We’re making it even easier for customers using Google Cloud to purchase Box’s content management platform. With Box available on Google Cloud Marketplace, eligible customers can realize key benefits including:
- Cost Savings: Purchase Box on Google Cloud Marketplace and unlock the potential for cost savings against existing Google Cloud commitments.
- Efficiency: Say goodbye to lengthy procurement cycles. The integration makes the buying process faster, smoother, and simpler, allowing you to focus on more important work.
- Consolidated Billing: Managing expenses just got more straightforward. You can now consolidate your billing through Google Cloud and utilize your existing Google Cloud billing account. This means less hassle and more productivity.
This isn’t it! Box and Google Cloud are collaborating in even more ways, including helping you understand and surface key insights from the data that lives inside of your files by unlocking the power of generative AI.
New metadata extraction feature from Box AI
At BoxWorks, we announced a new metadata extraction feature in Box AI that will apply generative AI to streamline manual processes such as data entry and analysis. Box will now use Vertex AI, Google Cloud’s unified AI platform, to help power this breakthrough feature, which will automatically identify and tag key context from your documents, including matching metadata fields to attributes within a file. This new feature can be used, for example, to identify contracts that are nearing their expiration date or invoices that require payment within the current month.
“Generative AI can streamline some of the most time-consuming processes facing enterprises today, such as manual data entry and analysis. Our expanded partnership with Box will provide customers with new tools that help them quickly process and create insights from documents stored within Box Content Cloud, saving time that users can reallocate towards more impactful work.” —Thomas Kurian, CEO, Google Cloud
And it doesn't stop there. With customizable metadata templates, you can extract specific information for various use cases. For example, automatically extracting and tagging the most important fields in contracts, invoices, and other critical business documents will become a breeze. By populating these defined metadata templates and integrating them with ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and CRM (Customer Relationship Management) systems, workflows will be automated like never before.
Additionally, maintaining compliance protocols will be easier through document preservation techniques. Critical information such as timestamps, authorship details, and version history will be identified and preserved seamlessly.
From invoicing to executing contracts, client onboarding to employee management – tedious tasks will become streamlined processes. Metadata extraction truly revolutionizes how we handle our ever-growing pile of paperwork while unlocking valuable insights along the way. This is just the beginning! You can expect even more innovation to come from Box AI that will improve productivity and speed up your workflows.
Seamless collaboration with Google Workspace
This new innovation builds on existing integrations with Google Workspace. The integration, as well as the Box for Google Workspace add-on, brings ease to your cloud-based collaboration. To recap the ways you can use Box and Workspace seamlessly together, here are some highlights:
- Unified Collaboration: Create, edit, and collaborate on content using Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides right from within Box. No more jumping between applications; everything you need is in one place.
- Effortless Integration: Seamlessly integrate your Box files with Gmail. Add attachments and save emails to Box without leaving your inbox. Say goodbye to the back-and-forth.
- Calendar Integration: Bring your scheduling and content management together. Include Box files and link Box Notes directly to your Google Calendar events. Stay organized effortlessly.
- Streamlined File Management: Save files from Google Drive directly to Box, all while benefiting from Box's top-tier security, compliance, and governance features. Your files are secure, and your workflow is seamless.
Security and Compliance: Apply Box’s enterprise-grade security, compliance, and governance capabilities to Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides. Collaborate with peace of mind, knowing your work is secure.