Today we’re excited to announce the new Box app for Apple Vision Pro app — built specifically for Apple's new Vision Pro spatial computing headset — is now available in the visionOS App Store. Box for Apple Vision Pro brings your content to life like never before, enabling all new experiences that merge your digital content with your 3D physical space. The uniquely immersive experiences and infinite desktop powered by the visionOS platform will transform collaboration as we know it.
“Apple Vision Pro is a massive step change in technology akin to iPhone and iPad,” said Aaron Levie, co-founder and CEO of Box. “This breakthrough technology introduces immersive experiences that fundamentally redefine the way we work by delivering visually stunning interactions without physical limitations. From developing the next new breakthrough product to reimagining customer experiences, the possibilities are endless. By bringing Box to Apple Vision Pro, we are just beginning to scratch the surface of what’s possible for the future of work.”
New immersive content experiences
In the world of spatial computing created by Apple Vision Pro, users can intuitively bring their content into the world around them and manipulate it using their eyes, hands, and voice. Box for Apple Vision Pro brings all the content you have stored securely in Box into this new space, creating an immersive work experience. Whether it's visualizing complex concepts or bringing your projects to life, the Box app for Apple Vision Pro opens up a world of possibilities. For example:
- Construction companies can open their blueprint files or progress images stored in Box and virtually visit the site with different project stakeholders to enable interactive collaboration between teams from anywhere.
- Retailers will be able to use Apple Vision Pro to explore a retail display window design proposal in Box, making it possible to see how the space will look and feel to customers to create more compelling and effective display designs.
- Manufacturers will be able to view 3D product renderings inside of Box in an immersive, full-size environment such as a workshop floor, with the ability to zoom in and out to see details more clearly and accelerate work.
- Entertainment companies can immerse themselves in video files stored in Box to better analyze footage, animations, or visual effects to create a more cohesive and engaging final product.
- Higher education institutions will be able to bring faculty researchers and students into virtual learning experiences, training with 3D models of complex concepts found in their Box files, to provide an interactive and engaging way to supplement traditional instruction.
A new world of enterprise use cases with spatial computing
With spatial audio and 3D objects right at your fingertips, presenting, reviewing, and sharing work has never been more engaging. The game-changing capabilities of Apple Vision Pro brings your workplace to life, and with Box’s world-class productivity you can:
- Immerse yourself in rich content: Place and manipulate files and 3D models directly into your environment. Whether you’re viewing the inner mechanisms of a jet engine or pulling up the new company video to see how it might look on a big screen, your content experience is immersive and seamless.
- Merge the digital and physical world: Place 3D objects in your physical space for an enhanced visual experience that brings your work to life and improves understanding of complex visual concepts.
- Get "hands-on" and interact with content in new ways: Search, browse, and use the on-screen keyboard or Siri to find the files you’re looking for on the fly, letting you pull up the files you need while your hands are full.
- Create your own infinite desktop to multitask: Leveraging visionOS multitasking capabilities to open Box alongside other apps on screen so you can access critical information from multiple sources simultaneously without sacrificing productivity or focus. Bring up sketches and proposals during meetings while you walk around your storefront and get a feel for how the layout should look.
- Seamlessly organize and navigate your files: Search, browse, preview all of your Box files seamlessly, and organize content into easily accessible collections, to enhance productivity by making it easier than ever before to share and collaborate in Box.
Groundbreaking innovation + Box enterprise grade security and compliance
Best of all, this groundbreaking innovation is built with enterprise standards for security, privacy and compliance. Since the Box Content Cloud is trusted by over 100,000 customers, including 67% of the Fortune 500, our commitment to protecting sensitive information within regulated industries is unwavering.
With machine-learning powered threat detection via Box Shield, granular sharing permissions and access controls plus compliance certifications including FINRA & HIPAA - you can rest assured we are taking the step to ensure enterprise-grade security features are integrated natively.
Box Admins will also find peace of mind knowing they can easily enable and configure their unique user experiences on Apple Vision Pro thanks to simple toggles designed to help you maintain control over access.
The new Box app for Apple Vision Pro is here to take your content experience to a whole new level! Box and Apple Vision Pro users can try the new app starting today by visiting the visionOS app store. There’s more in store so keep an eye out to see how we’re using spatial computing combined with the power of Box to transform the way you work!