We are incredibly proud to announce that Box has been named a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Content Services Platforms for the second year in a row (1). To top it off, Box was also recognized as a Gartner Customers' Choice vendor for Content Collaboration Tools, with 97% of customers willing to recommend Box (2). We couldn't be more honored to earn these distinctions from Gartner analysts and customers alike.
The Content Services Platforms (CSP) market is rapidly evolving, and Box holds a unique position as the single biggest disruptor to the market. Box’s product capabilities have evolved year-over-year to support more advanced, operational use cases that were traditionally handled by legacy ECM vendors. Box has quickly taken market share away from these traditional players, which we believe is due to a shift in customer demand: Users need simple, intuitive tools, and IT expects a lighter load across onboarding and adoption. Neither are possible with outdated ECM tools.
There are a few key trends in the market which we believe Box is uniquely positioned to solve. According to Gartner, “organizations often demand simplicity and ease of adoption, and are often prepared to compromise in terms of richer governance and functional services. This has led to vendors that have had a more collaboration-focused outlook to make deep inroads into CSP market share” (1).
In addition, Gartner states that “organizations are moving CSP services to the cloud. This has been accelerated by the response to the COVID-19 crisis…. Social media conversations also highlighted the growing popularity of cloud-ready CSPs, especially in 2020, when flexible rapid deployment and ease of access is especially important to drive digital resilience.”
As a born-in-the-cloud platform, Box has been able to help customers quickly adapt to the COVID-19 crisis by enabling secure collaboration from anywhere, on any device, and across any application. Our differentiation boils down to three main areas: frictionless security and compliance, seamless internal and external collaboration with built-in workflows, and integrations across 1,500+ business and productivity apps. All of this is underpinned by an intuitive user experience, an open API framework to easily build custom apps on top of Box, and intelligence to drive smart productivity recommendations — plus security alerts to keep your business safe. Today, more than 100,000 organizations trust Box to manage their most sensitive information and drive critical business processes in the cloud.
Check out what one of our customers said on the Gartner Peer Insights page for Content Services Platforms:
"The Box platform is simply outstanding — easy to use, interoperable with all other apps and software. Our business users simply love the ability to get access to files from anywhere, anytime without VPN, and IT loves that they can do it with security and control. Finally, our Box account team is one of the most consistently excellent we have, setting the standard for other partners — they always seek to help amplify our digital strategy & business success." –CIO, Services Industry
Our most recent recognition is the latest in a multi-year series of prominent wins where Box was:
- Recognized as a Gartner Customers' Choice vendor for the Content Services Platforms market³
- Recognized in the Gartner 2020 Market Guide for Content Collaboration Tools⁴
- Named a Leader in Forrester's New Wave™: SaaS Cloud Content Platforms 2019⁵
- Named a Leader in IDC's MarketScape: Worldwide SaaS and Cloud-Enabled Content Applications 2019 Vendor Assessment⁶
Check out the latest reports for yourself. Download your complimentary copy of Gartner's 2020 Magic Quadrant for Content Services Platforms, and Gartner's 2020 Voice of the Customer: Content Collaboration Tools reports here.
- Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Content Services Platforms, Michael Woodbridge, Marko Sillanpaa, Lane Severson, November 16, 2020
- Gartner, Gartner Peer Insights ‘Voice of the Customer’: Content Collaboration Tools, October 14, 2020. 97% of customers have willingness to recommend based on 131 reviews as of 31st July 2020 in Gartner Peer Insights ‘Voice of the Customer’: Content Collaboration Tools
- Gartner, Gartner Peer Insights ‘Voice of the Customer’: Content Services Platforms, March 5, 2020
- Gartner, Market Guide for Content Collaboration Tools, Michael Woodbridge, Marko Sillanpaa, Lane Severson, May 11, 2020
- Forrester, New Wave™: SaaS Cloud Content Platforms, Cheryl McKinnon, July 18, 2019
- IDC, MarketScape: Worldwide SaaS and Cloud-Enabled Content Applications 2019 Vendor Assessment, Marci Maddox, Frank Della Rosa, Holly Muscolino, September 2019
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Gartner Peer Insights reviews constitute the subjective opinions of individual end users based on their own experiences and do not represent the views of Gartner or its affiliates.
Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice constitute the subjective opinions of individual end-user reviews, ratings, and data applied against a documented methodology; they neither represent the views of, nor constitute an endorsement by, Gartner or its affiliates.