Artificial intelligence (AI) is making waves in the enterprise world, enabling increased efficiency and accelerated decision-making. No wonder there’s a content AI revolution underway.
With AI, you can create net-new content or refine existing content, helping you speed up tasks such as drafting email and marketing materials. You can also ask questions about your content to drive business insights instantly.
In this blog post, we take a closer look at the transformative impact of AI to understand how to use this technology to make mission-critical decisions faster and with confidence.
Understanding the generative AI momentum
Generative AI is a type of artificial intelligence that creates new content using large language model (LLM) algorithms that have been trained on vast amounts of data.
The quality and the coherence of the content generated, however, depend on the quality and the diversity of the training data and the sophistication of the AI model. The more data and diverse sources used for training, the better the LLM becomes at generating coherent and contextually relevant content.
AI isn’t a novel technology, but it has gained momentum and attention due to the latest advancements in machine learning, data availability, and computing power. According to a report from Capgemini Research Institute, 96% of companies say generative AI is now on their boardroom agenda.
For businesses, AI presents a remarkable opportunity to realize the untapped potential of unstructured data and make better decisions. PwC predicts AI could contribute up to $15.7 trillion to the global economy by 2030.
What is AI content generation?
AI content generation refers to the automatic creation of texts, images, audio, or video with the assistance of artificial intelligence. LLMs are very large deep learning models that are pre-trained on vast amounts of data to understand, summarize, generate, and predict new content.
LLM models like GPT-3 and Llama 2 use a deep neural network to understand the context of the text. When you input a prompt or a question, the model processes the text and generates a continuation based on the patterns and relationships it has learned during training.
|Traditional content creation
|AI content generation
|A labor-intensive process that demands considerable time, effort, and resources, posing limitations in scalability and agility
|An automated creation of content that alleviates the strain of manual labor or refines existing content
Types of content you are able to generate with AI include emails, summaries, product descriptions, ad copy, code snippets, and more.
Benefits of generative AI
Here is what enterprises have to gain with generative AI.
- Assisting workers in completing their tasks faster: For example, instead of reading a lengthy report, you can ask AI to give you the key points. According to a KPMG study, 72% of executives are most optimistic about the opportunities to increase productivity.
- Freeing up human resources with automation: With AI taking over repetitive, time-consuming tasks, workers can focus on more creative and strategic tasks.
- Enabling organizations to scale content production to meet growing demands: By producing content faster, you can do more with the same amount of resources.
- Empowering organizations to derive valuable data-driven insights at unprecedented scale and speed: By identifying patterns, trends, and correlations, enterprises can make informed decisions, enhance efficiency, and gain a competitive edge in their respective markets. According to exclusive research from IDC, 90% of an organization’s data is unstructured, and 10% is structured. This represents a huge opportunity to generate actionable intelligence with AI.
Top use cases for generative AI
If you’re looking to revolutionize your content with AI, here are use cases to get started:
- Summarizing information
- Asking questions about documents — including multiple documents
- Generating a detailed meeting agenda
- Uncovering key findings inside lengthy reports
- Drafting press releases, internal memos, or personalized sales emails
Unlock the value of your enterprise content with Box AI
Box AI is a new suite of capabilities that natively integrate advanced AI models into the Box Content Cloud. Ask Box AI anything and get answers in seconds — from summarizing a lengthy research study to uncovering key findings in a document. With Box AI-powered insights, you can make mission-critical decisions faster and with confidence.
To learn more about our commitment to applying the power of AI in a manner that prioritizes the interests (and protects the content) of customers and users, as well as transparency around how Box will use AI, and responsible usage from customers and users, read about our AI principles.
Unlock the value of your content with Box
**While we maintain our steadfast commitment to offering products and services with best-in-class privacy, security, and compliance, the information provided in this blog post is not intended to constitute legal advice. We strongly encourage prospective and current customers to perform their own due diligence when assessing compliance with applicable laws.