Streamlining seamless, secure collaboration in the cloud with Adobe
Businesses today need to securely collaborate across their extended enterprise of employees, customers, and partners in every part of their organization. That's why Box integrates with a wide range of more than 1,400 applications, giving people the ability to easily and securely integrate their content across their entire IT stack.
Since 2016, Box and Adobe have enabled users to quickly and seamlessly access, edit, and complete PDF-centric tasks and workflows, right within Box. The new Box and Adobe Acrobat integration will enable users to seamlessly open PDF files from Box directly in the Acrobat web viewer and access essential PDF and e-signature tools so they can complete their workflows from anywhere, on any device.
Today, we're excited to announced plans with Adobe to deeply integrate a full-featured Acrobat web experience, including powerful capabilities to modify, organize, sign, and collaborate on PDFs directly in Box. The new integration will seamlessly connect collaborative workflows for enterprises who rely on Box and Adobe, making it easier and more secure to work with digital documents in the cloud.
With our new integrations with Adobe Acrobat tools, enterprises will be able to work fully in the cloud. Mission-critical processes like reviewing, approving and electronically signing contracts, or collaborating on confidential product designs, will be simple and secure. No more version control issues, no more downloading files to the desktop. Just simple, secure, and powerful collaboration.
With the new integration, users will be able to take actions directly from Box to:
- Create high-quality PDFs that preserve fonts, formatting, and layouts;
- Modify and organize existing PDFs with the available delete, reorder, and rotate capabilities;
- Combine multiple file types, including PDF, Microsoft Office, image, text, and Adobe design into one that you can use for archiving or distribution;
- Export PDFs into editable Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or RTF files that preserve fonts, formatting, and layouts;
- Send a document for signature from the Box Recommended Apps experience, a rich list of curated, contextual applications surfaced for users whenever they preview a file in Box;
- Capture e-signature activity in the Box Activity Stream, a central place to view all the activity related to a file both on Box and across all third-party applications.
Box and Adobe are committed to working closely on future integrations with Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Sign for mobile and web users to meet the needs of today’s rapidly evolving workforce. The Box and Adobe integrations will be available next year.