Today in Silicon Valley, many companies are trying to solve diversity and inclusion issues but efforts are often siloed. How can we unite the tech community to come together to solve these major societal problems? How do we encourage companies to think more holistically and globally about this? And what can we as individuals do?
The future of work is dependent on diversity and inclusion, and at Box we're dedicated to creating an inclusive culture that permeates everything we do. Box Women's Network (BWN) is proud to be holding our second BWN Summit at BoxWorks 2018, an opportunity to hear from female leaders across Silicon Valley and beyond, and I'm personally proud to be the emcee!
The Box Women's Network Summit is an annual gathering of remarkable women & men from the technology community and beyond who will have the opportunity to hear from exciting panels, build strong personal and professional relationships, and receive mentoring from some of Silicon Valley's most inspirational leaders!
This year, we expect more than 600 attendees and are honored to have Patty McCord, author and former Chief Talent Officer of Netflix; Emily Chang, host of Bloomberg Tech and author of Brotopia;andKimberly Bryant, CEO and Founder of Black Girls Code join us as speakers to lead conversations about the ecosystem of societal issues influencing the narrative for women, both collectively and individually.
Here's a look at the breakdown of events for both days of the Box Women's Summit:
Wednesday, August 28
- 3:00 PM: Fireside chat with Emily Chang and Sanam Saaber, Box VP, Legal
- 4:00 PM: Fireside chat with Patty McCord and Christy Lake, Box Chief People Officer
- 5:00 PM: Reception
Thursday, August 30
- 11:30 AM: Fireside chat with Kimberly Bryant and Stephanie Carullo, Box COO
- 1:00 PM: Small group mentoring discussions
- 2:00 PM: CXO Panel moderated by Carrie Palin, Box CMO. This panel features Anne Chow, President - National Business at AT&T Business, Kimber Lockhart, CTO, One Medical Group; Lareina Yee, Sr. Partner McKinsey; and Lexi Reese, COO, Gusto
Stay tuned for more BoxWorks news leading up to the event!