This guest blog post comes from our good friends and partners at Workato, and showcases how to achieve a fully digital employee onboarding process leveraging Box, Twilio, and SurveyMonkey, without writing a single line of code. We’re always delighted to show off the great products and solutions that our partners build on our open APIs. Read on for more details, or come out and see a demo in person at the Twilio Signal event in San Francisco this week.
Authored by: Markus Zirn, VP Business Development @ Workato
Many companies rely on a constant stream of millennial temp workers to keep their service operations going. If your company is often hiring and training temp workers, then you know that it can be a real challenge when it comes to the following questions:
- How do you make it really easy for a large number of applicants to apply?
- How can you streamline the high volume screening process?
- How can you automate the onboarding process?
Clearly, paper documents won’t work - all the friction of a non-digitized process won’t get you the number of applicants you need. In fact, you know that you need to make it as easy as possible to apply, like texting a message to a friend. Requiring even an email could reduce the number of temp workers ready to respond and limit your funnel of applicants to screen and choose from. Uploading information like personal identification, job history, references etc. should all be possible using a phone’s camera and the familiar SMS interface.
At the backend, the hiring manager needs an efficient application screening process. There’s no time to check manually if an applicant submitted and signed all their required documents. The workflow needs to stay on top of this process and chase down the applicants if things are missing automatically. And of course, onboarding needs to be a seamless process. An applicant who simply applied isn’t useful to you, but one who has proven in a test that they reviewed all the enablement material and is therefore ready to be scheduled is a valuable commodity.
Streamline the Application Process - Code Free
Sounds like a daunting task? Cheer up! With just the right toolbox at your disposal, you can implement everything you need and you can do it without ever having to write a single line of programming code. All you need is:
- Box – the powerful and secure content platform
- Twilio – all you need to manage all applicant interactions entirely via SMS
- SurveyMonkey - to test your new hire’s enablement readiness via a survey
- Workato – a powerful no-code platform to automate workflows across Box and ecosystem apps
Are you a smaller company? Good news: implementing all of this won’t break the bank and you can do it without an IT department.
Are you a large enterprise? Good news: Box and Workato are both fully Enterprise grade: Secure, scalable and reliable. You certainly won’t be the first large enterprise to go this route.
Take a look at the step by step implementation so you don’t have to create your own workflow from scratch and get ready for a seamless application gathering process.
What Exactly Does Workato Do In This Workflow?
Workato, a 2016 Gartner Cool Vendor, was created by the integration and workflow experts who previously built the industry’s first and largest integration platform and also ran Salesforce’s Force.com platform. This scenario combines some of Workato’s very sophisticated routing, business logic and human interaction capabilities, for example:
- Workato ties together Twilio and Box, making sure that the applicant needs nothing more than SMS and a web browser to complete the entire process.
- Workato facilitates uploading documents into Box folders via SMS, even including photos taken on a mobile phone.
- Workato listens for relevant events, e.g. when all required applicant submissions are complete and when the applicant correctly completed an enablement test via SurveyMonkey, to move the process forward at the right moment.
- Workato orchestrates the approval flow for the Hiring Manager.
Ready to make this a reality? Here’s what to do next:
- If you attend Twilio’s Signal conference, come to the Box booth. Box and Workato will be there to demo this scenario.
- Check out www.workato.com/integrations/box and https://www.box.com/business/platform/ for more information.
- Is DIY your thing? Here are all the Workato recipes for you to copy and implement yourself:
- Need a guide to walk you through all of this? Just let us know at email@example.com and let’s talk.