At Box, we believe that security and compliance need to be provided within the best user experience for modern content management. To do anything else only forces end-users to bring in other tools to their workflow and causes IT to lose control of valuable content.
Last month, we announced Box KeySafe, an evolution of Box Enterprise Key Management. Box KeySafe offers two flavors in conjunction with Amazon Web Services (AWS):
- Box KeySafe with AWS CloudHSM - A dedicated hardware security module (HSM)-based configuration for key management.
- Box KeySafe with AWS Key Management Service (KMS) - A software based approach for key management, easily configured in as little as 30 minutes.
Today, we are excited to announce the general availability of Box KeySafe with AWS Key Management Service. The addition of an option with the AWS Key Management Service enables even the smallest IT shops to take advantage of the benefits of Box KeySafe.
Box KeySafe is unique in that it provides:
- Independent Encryption Key Control - Whether to meet contactual needs of clients, to protect sensitive IP, or to meet industry regulations, Box KeySafe enables our customers to own their master encryption key.
- Unchangeable Audit Log - Box KeySafe is designed such that the customer has their own log to audit key usage, one which Box does not have access to.
- No Change in the Box end-user Experience - All of this is done transparent to the Box end-user experience. Box's usability, governance, and mobile experiences do not change with Box KeySafe.
We're looking forward to seeing these capabilities in the hands of our customers!