At Box, we know collaboration is what drives your most critical business processes. That’s why we’re thrilled to announce that we’re releasing an all-new integration with Microsoft Teams today. Tens of thousands of our customers are using Box together with Microsoft, and we're excited to bring users a more seamless way to collaborate on content across our two platforms.
We designed the new Box for Teams integration to provide users with a streamlined way to share and access content where they work most. To do this, we’ve added a variety of features that bring the Box experience directly into Teams. By eliminating the need for users to toggle between two applications, Box for Teams boosts user productivity and accelerates team collaboration. New end-user features available today include:
- Share from Box: Seamlessly share Box content to Channels and Chats or upload local files to a Channel and its associated Box folder
- Content cards: See content cards for shared Box files that expand to full previews of content
- Box Files tab: Provides a consolidated view of all Box content associated with a Channel and gives users the ability to preview and download files
- Mobile compatibility: Upload and share Box files from within the Teams apps for iOS and Android
To ensure that IT admins can effortlessly deploy and maintain this integration across their organizations, we’ve also added a number of admin settings inspired by popular customer requests. These settings give admins full control over how Box for Teams behaves and significantly reduce the manual work required to get started. New admin features available today include:
- Central deployment: Easily deploy the integration to all users and control which users have access to it
- Automatic Box folder creation: Automatically create a Box folder associated with existing and new Channels
- Automatic user permissions mapping: Automatically map permissions between Channels and their corresponding Box folders
- Content card controls: Maintain control over which users can see additional details associated with shared Box files
As we take the next step in enhancing interoperability with Microsoft 365 to transform work, we couldn’t be more excited to release Box for Teams to our customers today. We will be continually enhancing the integration and adding more features in the near future, so stay tuned to the Box Blog for the latest updates!
Box for Teams is available for all customers now. Download the integration on Microsoft AppSource or visit the Box Community site for more information. To learn more about Box integrations with Microsoft and other partners, join our Virtual Summit!