As we gear up for the holiday season, retailers have much to look forward to. According to Deloitte’s annual holiday retail forecast, Holiday retail sales are likely to increase between 7% and 9% in 2021 and will total $1.28 to $1.3 trillion during the November to January time frame. Deloitte also forecasts that e-commerce sales will grow by 11-15%, year-over-year, during the 2021-2022 holiday season. This will likely result in e-commerce holiday sales reaching between $210 billion and $218 billion this season.
The impact of the pandemic accelerated digitization of operations for many retailers but also created new challenges from growing supply chains issues to increasing cyber security attacks. in the first half of 2021, Global cyber attacks increased by 29%, as hackers continued to exploit the COVID-19 pandemic and shift to remote work. Ransomware attacks surged 93% in the last 6 months, fueled by innovation in an attack technique called Triple Extortion. Additionally, "Consumer & Retail CEOs globally are shifting their focus from stabilizing their businesses to transforming key aspects of their workplace and service delivery to meet the needs of customers. "
Content sits at the center of these opportunities and challenges. From the inception of a product to the delivery, content plays a key role in creating, onboarding, marketing and delivering goods and services to customers. Fresh off our own annual customer conference, Boxworks, we are are excited to share with you the ways The Content Cloud can help you innovate and meet the needs of today's market
Securing your IP & Customer data
- We're continuing to protect your content with built-in, deep learning-based malware detection in Box Shield, so you can discover and contain the spread of malware before it becomes a data breach or a significant loss of business continuity. Box Shield customers benefit from malware detection on active files — files that are uploaded, shared, previewed, downloaded, or otherwise acted on — that touch their Content Cloud, which reduces the risk of ransomware and other novel malware attacks.
- But Threat Detection is only half of the story. We’ve enhanced Shield Smart Access to give you more ways to manage classification: added auto-classification for additional info types, including Canadian PII (such as Canadian bank account and Social Security numbers), auto-classification based on file type, which includes both common and proprietary file types, so you can protect your own IP as well as regulated data, and added support for classifying historical content whenever a user views, shares, or downloads it (in addition to auto-classification for new uploads).
Accelerate operations from anywhere
- To ensure teams can be productive from anywhere, we’re excited to bring you an enhanced Box Mobile app including key features like new intelligent Capture Mode so you can seamlessly capture and upload photos, audio, or video content directly to Box plus built-in optical character recognition, or OCR, so you can scan documents and instantly turn them into searchable PDFs.
- Introducing Box Sign, our new, natively integrated e-signature solution delivering unlimited e-signatures via the web application for customers on business plans and above, at no additional cost. We also added Box Sign capabilities into the existing Box-Salesforce integration, enabling users to send documents for signature directly from Salesforce, including auto-populating the document with fields from Salesforce. Plus, we have a robust set of Sign APIs which enables customers to integrate Box Sign into their custom applications.
- Earlier this year, we made BoxRelay available to more customers, starting with Business plans and above. We also introduced some new features to add more flexibility into Relay workflows for users, admins and developers: Scheduled workflows so you can schedule a Box Relay process to kick off on a regular cadence (daily, weekly etc.), Workflow ownership transfer so you can reuse and scale workflows you’ve created by transferring them to anyone in your organization, and Workflow trigger API so you can trigger a Box Relay workflow from an external system or application.
Work together faster
- We announced that we are working on an enhancement to our Box for Slack integration, enabling users to use Box as the content layer in Slack - so that any file you share in Slack or any in-progress work you want to revisit can be seamlessly stored and managed in the Box Content Cloud.
- This summer we launched the new Box app for Zoom, which lets you directly access Box from within Zoom to provide a more seamless experience between the two platforms.
Last but not least, earlier this year, we acquired leading content migration vendor Cloud FastPath – powering the all-new Box Shuttle to help organizations of all sizes migrate content into Box at petabyte scale. We also released new self-service tooling for Box Shuttle, so organizations can easily migrate smaller amounts of content on their own, at minimal cost – or, in some cases, completely for free. We are truly just getting started in what the Content Cloud can do to transform Retail!
Check out the on-demand sessions from BoxWorks & reach out to us at email@example.com for more information.