Today, we’re announcing that our Office 365 desktop apps are officially ready for everyone to use. Let’s do a quick review of everything you get when you install the new Box for Office
Building a Bridge to Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Our primary goal with the new desktop apps is to make it as simple as possible for everyone to open, edit, save and share any file from Box, without having to leave Office. This makes collaboration faster, more natural, and more accessible from the world’s most popular productivity suite.
To get to your Box files, just open the File menu in Word, Excel, or PowerPoint (2010 and up) where you can simply:
- Open files from Box. See recent files and folders or browse your entire Box account to easily
open any file directly in Office
- Save files to Box. Building a new document? Just opened an email attachment? Make Box the one place you save all your files and make them immediately accessible on any device
- Share seamlessly. Building a proposal with a coworker? Generate a secure shared link directly from the Share option in Office, leveraging the powerful sharing options in Box
A Better Tool For Managing Attachments
To make email attachments easier to manage, we’re also giving the existing Box for Outlook plugin
a major refresh with this release. With the update, you can streamline your email workflow, quickly capture attachments, and transform them into Box links that leverage our rich security and sharing capabilities.
Use Box within Outlook (2010 and up) to:
- Save attachments from incoming mail directly to a folder on Box
- Quickly insert shared links to files already stored on Box into new emails, with the ability to
customize access permissions
- Automatically turn attachments into Box shared links when you’re composing a message.
Simple, Flexible Administration
There’s something for everyone in this new release, whether you’re an admin or an end user. For the admins, who need to control the deployment of tools like Box for Office across their organizations, we’ve built a better, more robust set of installation options – including a silent installation that can be done via script.
For more information on what to expect from the upgrade, check out our new support page
. And, send us your feedback – we’ll be adding more options to configure your rollout in future releases. Let us know what you think at email@example.com