Today, we're excited to announce
that Box Platform is generally available to both customers and developers. Box Platform provides a new set of features allowing customers to leverage Box's powerful content services within their own custom applications.
In industries like financial services, healthcare and construction, companies are reimagining how they connect internal business processes with their extended ecosystem. Whether it's a financial advisor connecting with private wealth clients, healthcare providers coordinating to provide high-quality patient care, or construction companies building project management tools with external contractors, companies are creating custom applications to transform how they interact across their value chain. And content is at the heart of many of these interactions.
Box Platform provides rich content services for your custom web and mobile applications, so you can create secure apps faster and deliver amazing, engaging experiences to your end users.
For customers creating applications, Box Platform offers these key capabilities:
- Seamless Authentication: Establish a trusted connection to Box with a new server-to-server authentication service, App Auth, that allows your app to authenticate on behalf of your users.
- A New User Model: Provision and manage App Users, a new type of user designed specifically for your app.
- Powerful Security Controls: A new security model and Admin Console features that provide granular control for managing custom applications and their App Users.
- Rich Content Services: All of the content management, content experience, and content security features available in our Content API.
- Tools for Developers: Updated SDKs for web and mobile, and new documentation to make it simple for anyone to build on Box Platform.
Box Platform is available in two plans: Developer and Enterprise. Developer is a free plan designed for customers and developers to quickly begin building and testing Box's content services in their apps. Enterprise is our paid plan that allows customers and partners to bring Box's content services to production applications. Add-ons, such as Enterprise Key Management (EKM)
, Box Governance
, and Premier Support
, can be purchased for any app built on Box Platform. For more information about our pricing plans, please visit our pricing page
Box is the only cloud-based content management platform that offers a way for companies to power content services in any app, for any user. Our goal is to help businesses create amazing, secure, and engaging applications, and reimagine how they work with anyone in their extended ecosystem of customers, suppliers, and partners.